Wooga is a European startup based in Berlin, operating in the social game business.
Founded in 2009 it’s already the third largest social game developer by size on Facebook – Every day over 7 millions players play one of our games.
We have very interesting technical challenges to solve, some numbers from our live systems are 5 millions SQL + NoSQL queries per minute, 7.000 http requests per second and a read/write balance close to 50/50. Our environment is informal and flexible, each game is made in a small multidisciplinary team with typically 2 to 3 backend developers. We have a strict no nonsense policy, we believe in good test coverage and we have the freedom to decide how to develop, host, deploy and operate our systems.
Currently we are using Ruby, Erlang, Redis and AWS for our backend projects. We are constantly looking for new tools and exploring new technologies.
We are frequent speakers at conferences, you can find slides from our talks on Slideshare.
Required skills and experience
- Good understanding of systems engineering, scalability, and algorithms.
- Database knowledge, preferably with relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience implementing APIs, preferably REST a plus.
- Knowledge of server management (deployment, monitoring, optimizing, etc.) a plus.
- Experience implementing browser based multiplayer games a plus.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience. We are looking for someone with a strong engineering background who enjoys building high quality products used by millions.
You ideally have a good product sense, an understanding of the web ecosystem, strong personal initiative and the ability to prioritize, you can multi-task and work under fast deadlines.
- Being able to bring in own ideas in projects.
- Realize projects which will be played by millions of players.
- Work at a fast growing company that operates in a very dynamic environment.
- Almost no hierarchies and quick decision making processes.
- Fast-paced, international and dynamic environment.
- Located in Berlin – Europe’s most exciting city with low cost of living and high quality of life.
Get information on how to apply for this position.
Erlang on Twitter
» seanatpush (Sean Bowen): Push Technology to Speak at Erlang Factory | Push Technology: http://t.co/O7EulLYA47
Push Technology to Speak at Erlang Factory | Push Technology: http://t.co/O7EulLYA47
» edoaldi (edo_rockstar): @RASTYmocin kurang asem kau siluman kerbau bilang aku patkay aku ini dewa erlang you know,,, ~_~“
@RASTYmocin kurang asem kau siluman kerbau bilang aku patkay aku ini dewa erlang you know,,, ~_~“
» NotDoctorOk (Not Richard O'Keefe): It’s really time something was done about Erlang atoms. http://t.co/qr88oXJUW4
It’s really time something was done about Erlang atoms. http://t.co/qr88oXJUW4
» BGuimberteau (Benjamin GUIMBERTEAU): @coreyhaines i try to learn Erlang too, you had inspired me to try Elixir too, so I bought the book
@coreyhaines i try to learn Erlang too, you had inspired me to try Elixir too, so I bought the book
Number of aggregated posts: 10650
Most recent article: May 20, 2013
» Moraru on This is Why You Spent All that Time Learning to Program: It is true that computer science was a pain in the back at time that i’ve had to learn it…
» Commercial hand dryers on Couchbase Meetup at new HQ: Buy online from here where you will get so much of variety in Commercial hand dryers for people. If you…
» Fort McMurray Homes on Motivated Reasoning and Erlang vs Python vs Node: I don’t really understand why this post is motivational? I don’t even see a post, just a title. Fort McMurray…