With our portfolio of customer facing projects and consultancy assignments increasing in all of our offices, we are looking for talented individuals to join our young and dynamic team. We are looking for both experienced and junior developers with knowledge of functional programming languages such as Erlang, Clojure, Haskell, Scala and the imperative languages like C, Java and Objective-C.
The right candidates will join small teams of highly skilled systems engineers developing software using Erlang/OTP. You will gain valuable experience in exciting state-of-the-art systems within the Financial Services, Automotive, Telecom and Gaming sectors. As our clients are spread on six continents, you will be required to be flexible about travel to customer locations for short periods when required.
- With an in depth knowledge of real time or embedded software and associated hardware, this role would be responsible for the architecture design and programming of related operating software.
- Liaise with Electronic Design Engineers to ensure that the functionality meets specifications.
- May be responsible for other Software Engineers within a project team.
- Design, code, test and support of Erlang and related software, including some research.
- Develop solutions using distributed concurrent programming, software packaging and release
- Write and test code in Erlang and occasionally in other languages such as C, Java, Clojure, Haskell, Scala & Objective-C .
- Experienced programmers will be expected to mentor and coach junior staff.
Minimum Education, Certification, Training:
A Degree or Masters in Computer Science, or an Erlang Foundation level certification.
Skills and experience required:
- Experienced in the use of the Erlang Open Telecoms Platform for the delivery of complex systems.
- Must have demonstrable experience of architecture design and delivering multiple large projects in different industry sectors.
- More than five years demonstrable software development and implementation experience
- Experience with Linux, OS X and Solaris operating systems
- Good verbal and written communication in English
- Good customer facing and presentation skills.
- Experience with languages such as C and Java
- Knowledge of Distributed Computing, in a multicore environment
- Track record of being able to achieve project milestones and complete tasks.
- Experience of implementation of soft real time servers
- Experience with interconnection protocols (HTTP, XMPP, SMPP, ...)
- Experience with Agile Methods, including Test Driven Development
- Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team to meet the needs of the project.
- Ability to plan and estimate work.
The right candidate will work in a rapidly expanding company and community, receive a competitive salary with full benefits.
Erlang Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Categories: Companies Erlang Solutions
Erlang on Twitter
» tveastman (Tom Eastman): I’ve decided to learn Erlang. What’s step one?
I’ve decided to learn Erlang. What’s step one?
» athoune (Mathieu Lecarme): More realistic bench with #basho_bench of #carbon : https://t.co/LRL5eX0r8v #erlang #python #graphite
More realistic bench with #basho_bench of #carbon : https://t.co/LRL5eX0r8v #erlang #python #graphite
» gluegadget (Amir Mohammad Saied): @erlangfactory re Dublin EFL: is Steve’s 14:45-17:45 “Tutorial: Erlang Web Frameworks” track free as well?
@erlangfactory re Dublin EFL: is Steve’s 14:45-17:45 “Tutorial: Erlang Web Frameworks” track free as well?
» raandari (Rara Tri Wulandari): Telimikiciiii oyeh2 nyaaa :* @andriyan_erlang
Telimikiciiii oyeh2 nyaaa :* @andriyan_erlang
» MogulAzam (MogulAzam): RT @newsycombinator: How and Why We Switched from Erlang to Python http://t.co/SbwC2PvZvh
RT @newsycombinator: How and Why We Switched from Erlang to Python http://t.co/SbwC2PvZvh
» al_maisan (Muharem Hrnjadovic): just booked my ticket for the #erlang user conference in Stockholm next month :)
just booked my ticket for the #erlang user conference in Stockholm next month :)
» izhal_aja (Izhal Putra Pribadhi): Ente memang bakhil @bdalbig cc: @erlang_kayla
Ente memang bakhil @bdalbig cc: @erlang_kayla
» fimbul11 (蔵人紗音のじ): オンラインゲームのサーバサイドはもちろんErlangですよね？？？
» Kentzo (Ilya Kulakov): Имеет смысл заюзать protobuf чтобы связать #erlang с другой программой через ports?
Имеет смысл заюзать protobuf чтобы связать #erlang с другой программой через ports?
Number of aggregated posts: 10649
Most recent article: May 19, 2013
» Moraru on This is Why You Spent All that Time Learning to Program: It is true that computer science was a pain in the back at time that i’ve had to learn it…
» Commercial hand dryers on Couchbase Meetup at new HQ: Buy online from here where you will get so much of variety in Commercial hand dryers for people. If you…
» Fort McMurray Homes on Motivated Reasoning and Erlang vs Python vs Node: I don’t really understand why this post is motivational? I don’t even see a post, just a title. Fort McMurray…