About the company:
The company is headquartered in Berlin and currently in startup stealth mode developing a mobile payments platform for the small to medium size enterprise (SME) market. The main product will revolutionise the payments industry in the European SME market. Key objectives in the near future are to launch the mobile payments platform including merchant interfaces for managing their stores. This will be followed by the launch of innovative new products and services for both consumers and merchants. As a technology-enabled business, accomplishing these objectives will depend on the quality and performance of the code and systems developed by the technology team. If you are looking for a once in a lifetime opportunity to work in a team that will change the face of an industry, join us!
We are looking for a developer who has experience and a deep passion for building high availability and high performance systems. The candidate should be strong in the design, programming, tuning, setup and monitoring of high availability systems. Experience from the payments industry is desirable but not mandatory.
You should be very strong on all of the following:
- Erlang or other functional and logic programming languages (Haskell, Lisp, Scala, Clojure, Lua, etc.)
- Design, packaging and deployment of production applications
- Working with distributed systems
- Protocols (for example, HTTP, TCP, UDP, SSL)
- UNIX system basics (file system, sockets, pipes, scheduler)
- Queuing and messaging (for example, Rabbit, Beanstalk)
- Git or Mercurial
You should be passionate about:
- Distributed systems with high throughput and high availability
- The development of multi-threaded systems
- Concurrency, transaction processing
- Horizontal scaling
- 5 or more years experience in building high availability, high performance systems
- Ability to work in a small team with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
- Experience with C, Ruby, Python, JSON is a plus
- Able to work with cross-functional leads in engineering, product and QA
- Experience with Agile software development practices
- Experience with large-scale and distributed software architectures
Get information on how to apply for this position.
Erlang on Twitter
» kezia_erlang (Kezia Erlang★): @28Lukius followbcak ya mas :)
@28Lukius followbcak ya mas :)
» fery_erlang (ErlanggaFery_11_04): Kenapa manusia gampang kehasut pada hal yang buruk???
Kenapa manusia gampang kehasut pada hal yang buruk???
» lambda_foo (Tim McGilchrist): @macintux it’s not Erlang or Clojure, but you can do some delightfully devious stuff in Ruby.
@macintux it’s not Erlang or Clojure, but you can do some delightfully devious stuff in Ruby.
» materAwe (Maksim Terekhin): RT @cemerick: A History of Erlang, by @joeerl [PDF] http://t.co/MPjXwbIjrW
RT @cemerick: A History of Erlang, by @joeerl [PDF] http://t.co/MPjXwbIjrW
Number of aggregated posts: 10650
Most recent article: May 20, 2013
» Moraru on This is Why You Spent All that Time Learning to Program: It is true that computer science was a pain in the back at time that i’ve had to learn it…
» Commercial hand dryers on Couchbase Meetup at new HQ: Buy online from here where you will get so much of variety in Commercial hand dryers for people. If you…
» Fort McMurray Homes on Motivated Reasoning and Erlang vs Python vs Node: I don’t really understand why this post is motivational? I don’t even see a post, just a title. Fort McMurray…