Our high-availability, fault-tolerant backend systems are serving data for millions of visitors per day and they are used by more than 50 game portals spread globally; more than 2 Petabyte of data is served to the world.
For our multiplayer gaming experience we’re currently developing an Erlang server for gameplays of Flash clients. This new implementation will allow us to scale up and increase end user experience.
The successful candidate would be involved in adjusting and expansion, but also research and innovation of our back-end multi-player game systems. A challenging job which requires a real high potential candidate who wants to be part of one of the most innovative and fast moving online gaming companies worldwide.
The duties of this role include:
- Scalability, scalability, scalability!
- Design a robust, highly scalable concurrent gaming server;
- Responsible for the start-up, design, implementation & delivery of innovative features to our multi-player game systems;
- Responsible for specifying measures to address issues such as scalability and security of large-scale gaming systems;
- Identifying bottlenecks in existing architecture/systems and using new technology to solve it;
- Come up with innovative solutions; and
- Interpreting high-level, architectural requirements into technically implementable specifications.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a low/intermediate-level language with highly concurrent, highly scalable systems.
- Experience with writing production-quality software in Erlang/OTP as well as eUnit for unit testing.
- Being to grasp the larger scale in which your application will operate and interact.
- Experienced in the implementation and design of maintainable performance-critical software.
- Good knowledge of SQL and no-SQL databases.
- Experience with Linux, Unix.
- Strong analytical thinker, intellectually curious.
- Preferably experienced in Low-level networking knowledge (i.e. programming TCP sockets, different communication protocols).
- You should have a valid European work permit to apply for this opportunity.
Why Join Spil Games?
Level up your career—be part of a rapidly growing leader in the online gaming industry, where playing games is all part of a day’s work. Spil Games also offers these great benefits:
- A competitive salary and bonus system
- Flexible hours (from 7 AM till 7 PM)
- A pension and collective health insurance plan
- Reimbursement for your daily commute
- Extras, such as a bike plan and canteen
- And, most importantly, training and development programs—because when you grow, we grow with you!
Adventure awaits those up for the challenge. Are you ready to play?
About Spil Games:
Spil Games is an online games publisher scouting the best content from top game developers to entertain the 170 million visitors who play on its sites each month. With over 11 billion gameplays, Spil is the world’s largest independent social-gaming platform. Chances are somebody in your family plays one of our games—every day.
Using cutting-edge technology, Spil selects content specifically tailored to the different interests of its three targeted online-gaming audiences: girls (www.girlsgogames.com), teens (www.agame.com), and family (www.gamesgames.com). Whether it’s on the web, on mobile phones, or on tablets, you'll find Spil Games wherever people are connecting and playing—it’s all part of our mission to unite the world in play.
We write software in the morning and see the world use it the same evening. We do portals, payment solutions, back-end logic, algorithms, performance engineering, scalability, databases, widgets and front-end.
Oh, one last thing. We do not do Excel. Really.
Get information on how to apply for this position.
Erlang on Twitter
» diogenesMoreira (Diógenes Moreira): RT @FrancescoC: OMG!!!! Just saw the new Erlang the Movie poster for the 2013 EUC. Brilliant!
RT @FrancescoC: OMG!!!! Just saw the new Erlang the Movie poster for the 2013 EUC. Brilliant!
» Tiarandella12 (Tiara Randella): Congrate Om elanggkoo @erlang_qomara :D Longlastt n keep romantic yakk. 21 *aww
Congrate Om elanggkoo @erlang_qomara :D Longlastt n keep romantic yakk. 21 *aww
» FrancescoC (Francesco Cesarini): OMG!!!! Just saw the new Erlang the Movie poster for the 2013 EUC. Brilliant!
OMG!!!! Just saw the new Erlang the Movie poster for the 2013 EUC. Brilliant!
» mitxino77 (iker Mtz d Apellaniz): RT @JoelJacobson: I’m hosting the Big Data, Big Databases and Next Generation Analytics track at the Erlang user conf in Stockholm - http:/…
RT @JoelJacobson: I’m hosting the Big Data, Big Databases and Next Generation Analytics track at the Erlang user conf in Stockholm - http:/…
» defiputriutm (Defi Putri Utami): @Muh_Erlang kebanyakan yg smp kalo dak slh
@Muh_Erlang kebanyakan yg smp kalo dak slh
» Muh_Erlang (M. Erlangga Pangestu): @defiputriutm lh lmo dk ktemu kak tiak kno gorok gek aku ckckck… Patra Zone makin rame yo kuliat
@defiputriutm lh lmo dk ktemu kak tiak kno gorok gek aku ckckck… Patra Zone makin rame yo kuliat
» Muh_Erlang (M. Erlangga Pangestu): @ofcPOETRICH mana ada, kau tepat diantara aku sm lutfi :p
@ofcPOETRICH mana ada, kau tepat diantara aku sm lutfi :p
Number of aggregated posts: 10650
Most recent article: May 20, 2013
» Moraru on This is Why You Spent All that Time Learning to Program: It is true that computer science was a pain in the back at time that i’ve had to learn it…
» Commercial hand dryers on Couchbase Meetup at new HQ: Buy online from here where you will get so much of variety in Commercial hand dryers for people. If you…
» Fort McMurray Homes on Motivated Reasoning and Erlang vs Python vs Node: I don’t really understand why this post is motivational? I don’t even see a post, just a title. Fort McMurray…